The Crooked Billet Inn
This house was built by John Dawson a hat maker and the founder of
Hatboro in 1705. The house later became a tavern in the 1730's called
Crooked Billet Inn. In 1777 George Washington conducted staff meetings
the Inn. The Crooked Billet Inn was mentioned in a letter to congress
George Washington in 1777. The building was demolished in 1955 to
the area. A memorial plaque stands at the location of the site at 55 S.
York Road in Hatboro.
This page is dedicated to the Citizens of Hatboro, past,
present, and future.
Copyright © 1997-2014 Pitrone
& Associates. All Rights Reserved.